6 rue Royale, 75008 Paris
Phone: +33 (0)1 56 43 66 70
Specializing in excellence, the galerie Steinitz is proud to present some of the most beautiful objects of European decorative arts of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries.
Most of the pieces we present have a prestigious provenance and their equivalents can be found in the most important museums around the world.
We welcome our clients to a prestigious townhouse located just behind the Hotel de la Marine at 6 rue Royale in Paris, in a place filled with history where Madame de Staël lived between 1815 and 1817 and which today forms a privileged setting for the presentation of exceptional pieces.
Manufacture Fabry et Utzschneider, Sarreguemines
Pair of ‘Medici’ vases
commissioned on 31 October 1810
by the Imperial Garde-Meuble and delivered in 1812
to “serve for the decoration of the Imperial Gardens and Palaces”
Fine Sarreguemines pottery
in imitation of “brown and white porphyry”
Total H. with bronze base: 68 cm. (26 3⁄4 in.)
D. 54 cm. (21 1⁄4 in.).
Delivered in 1812 by Joseph Fabry and François-Paul Utzschneider,
manufacturers in Sarreguemines, on behalf of the Imperial Garde-Meuble,
following the large order placed by the Garde-Meuble
with the Sarreguemines manufacturers on 31st October 1810;
Placed in storage in the warehouses of the Garde-Meuble Impérial;
Sent to Rome in 1819;
Most likely sold by the estates during the 19th century.