Founded in 1987 by Didier Luttenbacher and located in Paris and near Avignon, the Galerie Didier Luttenbacher specialises in original creations from the Manufacture nationale de Sèvres, in artist’s ceramics and in objects of art and creation after 1850. Its research and expertise focus on unique works, remarkable for their design and their artistic quality.
Expert specialist in ceramics of the Manufacture de Sèvres (Sevres Manufactory) from the end of the 19th century and the 20th century Didier Luttenbacher is a member of the Societé des Amis de Sèvres which gathers specialists and amateurs of Sèvres ceramics, a member of the French National Chamber of Specialized Experts (CNES), of the European Confederation of Art Experts (CEDEA) and of the French Syndicat des Antiquaires (SNA).
Louis SÜE (1875-1968)
Adrien LEDUC (a. 1919-1964)
Manufacture Nationale de SÈVRES (1740- présent)
Vase ” Les quatre saisons “
(“The Four Seasons”)
France, Sèvres, dated 1935
H: 28 cm / 11 in. Ø: 21,5 cm / 8.5 in.
This Vase was specially designed by Louis Süe and executed by the Manufacture de Sèvres for the decoration of the French liner SS Normandie.
- Manufacture nationale de Sèvres;
- The French Line (Compagnie Générale Transatlantique) on the SS Normandie; […];
- Private Collection, France.
- Archives of the Manufacture de Sèvres : Decoration project 195-33
- Louis Cheronnet, “Le paquebot Normandie” in “Art et décoration, revue mensuelle d’art moderne”, year 1935, volume LXIV, Paris, 1935, p. 241-284, vase reproduced p. 275.
- Photograph of the Vase de Sèvres designed by Louis Süe on the chest of drawers in room No. 10 of the grand luxury flat “Deauville” on the SS Normandie (© Courtesy Arnaud Gaudry) .
TO THE LIST OF THE EXHIBITORS